the “Mother” of Neonatology
A personal narration of Maria Delivoria – Papadopoulos,
known in the medical world as the “Mother” of neonatology,
from her childhood, before the Second World War, until today.
The survival in Greece of the German occupation and the civil war,
the studies, the immigration to the USA,
the brilliant scientific career, the recognition.
A fictional life full of challenges and dilemmas as she remembers it.
These always with the mind in Ithaca.
Has been played:
- in the 23th Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
- in the 8th International Documentary Festival of Ierapetra
- in the San Francisco Greek Film Festival 2022
- in the στο London Greek Film Festival 2022
- in the channel Cosmote History
Direction: Antonis Kyritsanis
Script: Kalliopi Ioannidou
Cinematography: Katerina Maragoudaki
Editing: Antonis Kyritsanis
Sound: Antonis Kyritsanis
Production: 7th Step – Kalliopi Ioannidou
Production Country: Greece
Production Year: 2020